Monday, October 15, 2007

What would I do without my grandkids?

This is sure gonna be a busy week for me, but i am not complaining.
yesterday after i got home from church lori, spike and the girls came over for a while to visit. as soon as they left sharon brought megan and katie over. they stayed a couple of hours and we played and played. wayne has to work tomorrow so he had to get to bed early.
This morning i got up and did a couple loads of laundry, ran the sweeper and got ready for the day. I left home around 10:30am and headed for McDonald's for my diet coke and headed towards Noblesville. I went and picked Kiara up at school and headed to Lori's. Ruby was in school. Lori had a Dr appt so i was there to watch Kiara and Karleigh. Lori fixed the girl's lunch and said that i could lay them down for their nap after lunch. I asked her what time they HAD TO GO to bed and she just said 'oh, whenever'. i don't think she will say that to me again....
after the girls ate lunch i cracked out the snacks i brought with me. i had a bag of clothes i had gotten from freecycle and i was going through it. well, the girls decided we could all play 'dress-up'. that sounded like a fun thing to me, so we all played dress-up and prayed that spike wouldn't pop in unexpectedly. well, next we colored pictures, played with barbie's and pony's. finally we heard the garage door open.....oops
lori walked in and said 'what, they are still up?' i reminded her that she didn't give me a set time for their naps. i started getting ready to go and karleigh was waving by to lori. i had a wonderful time with them and can't wait to do it again. i think it is about time for lori and spike to take a vacation, then i can stay with all of them and spoil them rotten!!!

No comments: